Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pancake Rocks

The great thing about having a roommate who works at REI is all her gear I get to borrow :) She outfitted me with her extra set of snowshoes and we were off.

Yesterday we drove past Woodland Park towards Cripple Creek and parked here:

View Larger Map



Roughly 2 hours later we find ourselves here:


View Larger Map

It was so so nice to get out and be outside and the morning just made me appreciate living in Colorado.



It was cold, but we were dressed properly and once we got going I was at least comfortable. Exerting myself at 9500ft and climbing to a high of 11000ft was rough, but the views made it worthwhile.

I still have lots of crap to do, to go through, to process but being able to spend time with friends and be out there in this great place gave me some room to not worry or stress about being back home.

No comments: