Thursday, January 24, 2008

Lemongrass

reminds me of growing up. Only recently have I been able to identify Lemongrass with the sweet, distinctive fragrance of my childhood. Mom and her sisters cooked many many meals with this herb and the slightest smell of Lemongrass shoots me back about 20 years.



I was up in Denver with Sister last weekend and we went to Savory, this amazing spice store near the big REI just off I-25. I had been without real spice for 12 months, and had rid my pantry of any spices before deploying - had to restock. Savory has an amazing selection of spices, and we went nuts - and only spent like $30! We picked up _Cambodian Lemongrass Curry_ and used it on some fish Carol had. Oh. My. Goodness. So. Good. We talked about how the smell of the curry reminded us of Mom and of her cooking. Mmmm.

No comments: