Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Way too much time on my hands

Yesterday was the first day where I really did feel restless and (dare I say it) almost bored! I spent most of the morning sitting on the porch watching traffic. Rode my little cruiser a few blocks downtown to meet M for lunch. Hit the post office. Back to the porch. Wrote some letters to friends far away.



Sunday I spent a few hours cleaning the back yard. A winter's worth of leaves and trash into 3 contractor trash bags. A wheelbarrow full of potting soil after emptying oh, about 20 pots.



I wish I could tell you that I have a grand landscape plan, but I don't! I will finish laying the stone patio. Roommate and I will square out a vegetable garden. Neighbor and I will dig out the easement between the sidewalk and street and somehow unify his and my property.

Today I'm meeting B for lunch. Then to the DMV to trade in my Ohio drivers license for a Colorado one. Oh the excitement!

Headed to San Francisco to visit family this weekend - should be a good time. Cousins tell me its supposed to be HOT there, which is nice considering today its about 45F.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Bored?! Enjoy the break. It is always a good thing to watch the world pass. Soon enough to join those you watch.

ria+3 said...

bored? sounds like fun, gotta try that sometime. Have a great time in SF and hug all the cuzzins for us.