Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I {heart} Denver!

Well, I'm just about settled in my apartment. I have a few things to get and more things to put away and some pictures to hang on the walls, but I'm comfortable here. Sister has been a big help too - doesn't hurt she lives 2 blocks away! I will post pictures soon, for those wanting to see how I'm living. I love my apartment and my neighborhood and my drive to work is easy. I also scouted out a few bike routes to/from work, so next week I'll start bike commuting while the weather is still great.

Work. Well, I am actually really excited about my job, which, I didn't think I'd ever say about any job. There are 'big kid' rules, like a flexible schedule - as long as I put in a certain number of hours in a month I have the option to take a day or a few hours to take care of things during business hours. And really, working only 40 hours a week is not what I'm used to! I have a lot of responsibility - a large team and a sh*tton of equipment they maintain. Everyone has been very welcoming. I didn't realize until actually coming to work how big a deal it was for them to hire me for this position. This level management normally comes from within the company - and for them to offer me this position adds a bit of pressure (just a little). I can tell the expectations are high. There is still a lot for me to learn concerning the program and getting accustomed to the culture, but I know where my strengths lie and I'm confident I'll do just fine.

Thanks everyone for the support!

No comments: