Friday, June 6, 2008

Whew!

I should take a picture of my awesome tan lines and post, but it'd be a bit tricky to do myself. Last Sunday I rode the Elephant Rock Century (that's 100 miles on a bicycle for those not in the know). Um, not really prepared for the ride, as the longest ride up to that point was only 30 miles. I just kept telling myself it was going to be a long ride and just ... went. I don't want to say it went by fast, because it didn't, but it was like "oh, I'm at mile 30 already?" and then "hhmm, mile 50, ok" then "wow, mile 70." Mile 80-90 were screaming downhill - at one point my bike computer told me I was traveling 41.5 mph. But really, 100 miles is a long way. I spent just shy of 7 hours in the saddle but with the rest stops I was out on the course for close to 8 hours. Hence, the funky tan lines. I do enjoy that ride, 7000 cyclists including both my roommates! I thought the rest stops were well stocked and the course was a good one, very pretty. I could have done without the wind, but at least it wasn't cold. I'm still in a sort of shock that I actually rode my bike for 100 miles...

Other big things this week - I had a job interview in Denver on Wednesday which I felt went well. Think the guys I interviewed with thought the same thing as they just called for a 2nd interview!

Sunday B and I are running the Garden of the Gods 10 mile race. Woohoo! No more early Tuesday/Thursday training runs...

3 comments:

Christy said...

Wow! Congrats on the ride and the interview. Keep me posted on the call-back.

Unknown said...

Way to go! Ditto on Christy... Tough on the buns. At 41MPH + you created your own "breeze".

Armour Craig said...

Hi! Wow, very impressive on the 100 mi ride! My best to date is only about 65, but I'd like to do a century sometime.

I can't get to FB at work, but wanted to let you know I got your message.

I'll get back to you this afternoon.

james.armour.craig@gmail.com

Take care,

Armour