Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Saturday

Friend Now Living Here (+2 kids) stopped by the see me Saturday afternoon. The kids were in the car watching a movie and Friend was trying to talk her son into naptime. I'm not sure when Friend decided to abandon naptime but within seconds she said, "How about riding rides at the penny arcade in Manitou?" She then smiles, looks at me and goes, "Wanna come?" I was slightly hungover from the previous night - see below post - but I rallied. Its hard not to want to spend time with them!

It was such a beautiful day - grabbed my camera and hopped in the mommobile.

There's a penny arcade in Manitou Springs - well, that's misleading, it really should be called the quarter arcade. Anywho. They've got everything you'd see on a boardwalk (without actual boards or a nearby ocean).























Skeeball was dangerous, however. All the balls were being chucked across the room, not exactly rolled up the ramp into the score holes!

Friend and the kids will be leaving the area soon and headed back to the East Coast. Its been such fun getting to know her kids and be able to spend some time with her.

No comments: